What’s in a name? When it comes to Salize, a lot. We thoughtfully selected the name “Salize” for our memory care program because it’s the Italian term for the willow tree. You see, the willow tree is heralded for its ability to adapt and even thrive in the face of difficulty. Our goal is to create an environment that empowers those living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia to flourish and live life to its fullest.
We’ve developed an atmosphere that’s conducive to serenity at every level. Our Salize Suites and accompanying common areas are purposefully designed with open spaces, short, easy-to-see walkways and an abundance of natural light, so residents do not feel overwhelmed or challenged by hidden corridors. The simulated lighting helps cue residents to phases of the day and highlights common household areas.
Also, our specially designed community is created to promote a calm and serene environment that helps the residents living with Alzheimer’s disease deal with the stressors of anxiety, confusion and forgetfulness. Our peaceful outdoor garden and courtyard areas are designed to keep our residents safe and protected, and secure in the knowledge that they won’t get lost. In addition, our tranquility room is devised to provide soothing, calming and peaceful sounds through delicate speakers while candles illuminate the room and the aroma of lavender fills the air.
In addition to an environment beneficial to residents with Alzheimer’s disease, the Salize memory care program provides a multitude of sensory stimulation activities that engages all five senses, which is important for someone struggling with dementia. The goal of each activity is not the activity itself, but the engagement of the resident in an activity where they feel important and successful.
In their specialized memory care neighborhood, residents have their own dining area, theater, salon, and other amenities that are unlike any other. Giving the residents a way to express themselves in a safe environment that’s designed specifically for them not only improves their mood and well-being, it gives them the life they deserve. Most importantly, a highly-trained healthcare staff that specializes in dementia and Alzheimer’s disease provide the residents with complete medical, health and wellness services.
- Inventive programs that address and involve all five senses
- Private suites including in-suite bathroom with full shower
- Innovative sensory stimulation programming and features throughout the neighborhood - techniques that have proven to reduce anxiety and increase understanding and communication in Alzheimer's residents
- Technology-driven security provides discreet, dignity-based tracking and safety precautions
- Inspiring, peaceful outdoor areas for relaxation and a breath of fresh air
- Comprehensive and personalized medical, health and wellness services based on individual needs and delivered by the industry's finest team, all specially and continually trained in dementia and Alzheimer's care
- Personalized music programs that delight, invigorate and touch the very soul of residents
- Numerous options for resident engagement, all coordinated by a caring, highly-qualified Director of Entertainment
- Pioneering lighting systems that simulate natural light - from gentle sunrise to soothing sunset
- Unique tranquility room with soothing sounds, music, and special lighting - a sanctuary inspired by findings of industry-leading memory care physicians and other experts
- Full service salon, dedicated to Salize residents
- Specialized team members designated to Salize
- Purposefully built for memory impairment, with consultation and direction of industry-leading experts
- Mind ● Body ● Strength. wellness programming
- Spa Suite provides much-needed pampering